Google search is the most-used search engine on the web. With the release of Google custom search (Google CSE), you can create a customized search engine for your visitors to search any information and pages within your site.
Google custom search allows you to:-
- include one or more websites, or specific webpages
- host the search box and results on your own website
- customize the format of the search results to match your site
Follow the step by step instructions below to create a Google custom search for your website now.
2. Enter following information to set up your search engine
- Name: For example, Desktop Wallpapers Search Engine
- Description: For example, Online Source for Free Desktop Wallpapers
- Language: English
- Sites to search: For example, www.mysite.com/*
More URL formatting
Individual pages: Specifying www.mysite.com/mypage.html will just include the mypage.html page on www.mysite.com.
Entire sites: Specifying www.mysite.com/* will include all the pages on www.mysite.com.
Parts of sites: Specifying www.mysite.com/*about* will include only files on www.mysite.com that have about in their name.
Entire domains: Specifying *.mydomain.com will include an entire domain.
- Editions: Standard edition: Free, ads are required on results pages.
3. Check the box – I have read and agree to the term service and click Next
4. Choose or customize a style and try your search engine
5. If you are satisfied with the search results, click Next
6. Get the custom search element code and paste it in the page where you’d like the custom search element to appear