As a blogger we all know that writing quality articles is one of the best ways to attract more loyalty readers and most importantly rank higher in the search engine results. Google has been aggressively improving its search engine ranking algorithm with the aim of giving its users the most relevant and useful search results. In February 2011, Google has rolled out Panda / Farmer aiming to lower the rank of low-quality sites, and return high quality sites to the top of the search results. The change has reportedly affected almost 12 percent of all search results. Many websites have experienced steep drop in both traffic and associated revenue.
Are you a victim of Google Panda? What are you supposed to do to recover the lost web traffic? Well, all you have to do is to see Google Panda as a point scoring system. Here’s the concept.
Concept of Google Panda Point System
Imaging your blog or website is assigned with a certain number of points by Google, likewise every page within the site. As illustrated in the image below, the average points for ABC.com is 60, and its page B has the highest points of 90. However page B can never ranks higher than page X from XYZ.com which has the average points of 80.
Obviously, to rank higher in Google search results, you have to score higher points for your site. Following are some useful tips to help you achieve it:-
SEO Tips to Rank Your Site Higher in Google Search Results
- Publish more informative contents and stop producing junk articles. This helps you improve the overall points for your site.
- Do not publish duplicate or non-original content as you are putting your website at risk of getting penalized. Google is just too smart to detect them.
- Use robots.txt file to stop any low quality pages being crawled by Google bot.
- Apply Pareto principle (Also known as the 80-20 rule). According to the principle, 80% of the web traffic is driven by 20% of articles. So you should identify any poor articles that have no traffic for a long period of time, and then update them, rewrite them, or even delete them.
- Ensure the title of an article is matched with its content with sufficient information. This is because if a person search for topic A and access your site, he leaves and performs another search with the same or similar keywords. This will notify Google that the previous article is of low quality.
- Write some interesting content or include attractive images to improve bounce rate as well as time on site.
- Add social media buttons like Facebook Like, Twitter Tweet and Google +1 to build a good social engagement with audience.
- Avoid questionable tricks like keyword stuffing, cloaking, illegitimate traffic or link exchange programs, etc.
- Avoid having too many ads on a single page even they are powered by AdSense as this will be perceived as low quality content by Google.