Have you ever dreamed of working for Google? Google has many offices around the world. While their offices are not identical, they tend to share some essential elements. Here are a few things you might see in a Google workspace:
- Local expressions of each location, from a mural in Buenos Aires to ski gondolas in Zurich, showcasing each office’s region and personality.
- Bicycles or scooters for efficient travel between meetings; dogs; lava lamps; massage chairs; large inflatable balls.
- Googlers sharing cubes, yurts and huddle rooms – and very few solo offices.
- Laptops everywhere – standard issue for mobile coding, email on the go and note-taking.
- Foosball, pool tables, volleyball courts, assorted video games, pianos, ping pong tables, and gyms that offer yoga and dance classes.
- Grassroots employee groups for all interests, like meditation, film, wine tasting and salsa dancing.
- Healthy lunches and dinners for all staff at a variety of cafés.
- Break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks to keep Googlers going.
Looking for more? Check out these office design posts we previously published:
- Photo Collection of Creative Facebook Office
- 70 Creative and Inspiring Office Designs of Top Internet and Technology Companies
Here‘s a look at life at the Google offices:
Click here to find out awesome Facebook office photos! Let us know which giant would you prefer to work for: Google or Facebook?